Pages

Friday, January 31, 2014

DIY burlap garden flag

Recently I made a trip down south to visit my family and came across several, several feet of real burlap at my mom's house that she wasn't using. She used them for table cloths in a wedding she did a few months but had no other plans with them so she gave it all to me! she also gave me some potato sacks so stay tuned to see what i do with those soon;)
 so far i have made three wreaths (i posted pictures on my post titled "Wreaths"), a couple table runners and a couple little odds and ends around the house. with what i had leftover i decided to make into a new burlap garden flag to coordinate with my wreaths and decor outside which all have the chevron burlap ribbon i purchased at Hobby Lobby.

I took some inspirations off of some I found on Etsy. i love how the bow turned out!=]

The first thing i did was size the burlap to my flag holder and cut two pieces (i am using real burlap so it has alot of holes and can be pretty thin so i doubled it up) and i glued those two pieces together around the edges to make it look a little thicker. Then i cut two strips and glued them together on the back of the flag to form loops that i can put the flag holder through to hang it. Next, I just took some regular black paint and a brush and free handed the "C" and the est. 2010. Once that dried i cut strips of my chevron ribbon and i made loops in three different sizes and two of each and glued those on the flag to form a "bow". For the middle of the bow i just cut a smaller strip and glued across the middle. Then just glued the tails of the ribbon on in a twisted pattern and its finished!

I made this myself out of supplies i either already had or was given to me. If you can find these items or can buy them on sale or off of a friend I would totally make this instead of buying one. these can sale for as high as $25-$30 depending on the retailer. I think it is obnoxious asking that for a little garden flag. So, if you can find these supplies then you can have the leftovers for other projects as well!=]

I hop you guys liked this and I hope you make one of your own.
thank you and keep following for more!
-Kat 

No comments:

Post a Comment