Pages

Monday, January 13, 2014

Country & Cozy

My husband is a big outdoors man and loves to hunt. I started redoing our living room about a year ago and I decided to make it a "country" theme. I still have my feminine & decorative swing on things of course! Our living room furniture is from ikeating and Ashley furniture and is made by Lazy boy. I have wanted a sectional leather couch since we got married so i fell in love with this one and snagged an amazing deal on it! its the most comfortable couch i have ever sat/laid on, hands down.

heres the view from the top of my stairs (I live in a tri-level home in case your confused) and yes..that's a cow skin rug you see there.

this is a grapevine wreath that i hung from a curtain rod, then hung two pictures on both sides in distressed wooden frames.
this is the view from the far side of the couch, to get a better view of the arrangements, i get more into those below. 
these are old milk jug inspired vases that i found at Gordmans and i used some real okra sticks from my mothers garden from back home to add some height. I found these burlap leaf picks at a local whole seller and the pine cone picks from hobby lobby. I then wrapped some real burlap (also from my mothers house) around the top of the vase to help tie in with the table runner i made. I also have some real cotton coming my way in the mail soon that my sister picked for me in Alabama. I am stationed very far away from home so having these little touches around my house are so special to me<3 and it just goes with my theme so well!
and this is my gorgeous cow skin rug. i know some of you wont like this, and i am sorry. I think it adds just the perfect touch that the room needed to pull everything together. 
this is a wreath i made that appeared in my "Wreaths" blogpost. It is hung on the door that leads into my laundry room. I just used some extra materials i had and i think it compliments the decor nicely. 
here are a couple pictures showing the deer antler and pine cone decor i have around the room. 
I hope ya'll enjoyed this post. I will have more updates to this room so keep following:) thanks for the support! -Kat









No comments:

Post a Comment