Pages

Sunday, January 5, 2014

DIY Pantry


What a better time to start my blog than when I just finished my new pantry! I am very excited about this project because this old storage closet with ugly bi-fold doors has been transformed into a cute, yet functional new pantry.

Here's a picture that I took a couple days before we moved in. Now, something you should know about me is that I live in base housing. So everything is as basic as it comes..white walls, white floors, basic light wood etc. I also didn't have a pantry, so I had to improvise with what I had.


The first thing I did was take those bi-fold doors off. This gave me a little bit more room on the inside, plus they weren't aesthetically pleasing at all. I also bought a pretty cheap set of drawers for extra storage because this closet only has two shelves.







Then I added a curtain to add a decorative touch. This also allows me to close off the view of the pantry if I needed to.
And it's done! I also added drawer liners to conceal the clutter inside the drawers. Hope you liked my first post. Keep following for more! -Kat








No comments:

Post a Comment