Pages

Monday, January 20, 2014

DIY sign post

I love DIY projects and love looking on Pinterest to get inspiration for my next projects. This weekends project was to make this sign post i re pinned a few months ago. I am loving how it turned out! =] let me tell you how i did it..
 The finished product, i love the way it looks!

Here are the products i used, i purchased everything from Hobby Lobby and Menards.
Here is the post itself..mine is actually a post that is made for stairs but it worked great for this. It was about $30 at Menards. 
the first thing i did was paint everything. I spray painted the letters for our name, the base of the post, and the post black. I painted the sign black, then went over it with a coat of cream colored crackle paint, which ill get into more in a minute...
so the crackle paint ended up being a fail because i chose not to read the directions when i was in the store. apparently you need a special base coat for it to work. it ended up just looking like a normal cream colored sprat paint so i had to distress it myself with sand paper for the black to show through.
a better look at the finish of the sign.
Lastly, I just attached the pretty hook i bought and hot glued on the embellishments for the sign. I used Liquid Nails to attach the base to the post to make it more sturdy.
I love the way my entryway looks now! I hope you guys liked this and maybe it will inspire some of you to do some DIY projects around your home. Thank you and keep following! -Kat










No comments:

Post a Comment